As you probably know, on
the journey to becoming a Certified Scrum Master (or Professional Scrum Master) or in general a confident scrum practitioner it is good to start with some reading in the field. I always advise people to begin with The Scrum Guide because it contains the definitive rules of scrum and of course my Free Scrum Ebook because it adds more detail and explanation.
Once you have done this got a good grasp of scrum, and started to use it in your daily job, you will likely want to test your knowledge either:
- a) to ensure that you are on the right track
- b) because you are looking for a certification
In the case of point a) and b) if you want a relatively inexpensive means of testing your knowledge or you are preparing for a scrum certification, I highly recommend using an online course. I say this because:
- For a relatively low cost you can achieve point a) and prepare for point b) or even get a cewrtification without spending 10 times the amount on a certification. (Some online courses are obviously more expensive, but usually far cheaper than a classroom course).
- You can also access the course for a much longer time frame (90 days in some cases).
- You can decided to access a real life trainer OR have a fully automated video to work at your own pace.
There are many courses available and I have provided a link to our affiliate Simplilearn. I do not recommend just any company and some of my reasons for affiliation with Simplilearn are:
- They are a Registered Education Provider (REP) of Scrum Alliance (You should always look for accreditation from the Scrum Alliance or Scrum.org)
- Have an exam Pass rate of over 96% (based on their stats)
- In July 2013, Krishna Kumar, Founder & CEO, Simplilearn Solutions Pvt. Ltd. won the E-Learning Leadership Award hosted by World HRD Congress
- Has a huge coverage of the globe offering a blend of classroom and online courses
Click below to see if any of the courses suit you and feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!